Wednesday, July 30, 2014

IDEA Global Entrepreneurship Workshop Series 2014 - Where Aira had been in the past few days [Part 2]

Last June 25 - Friday. Yes, just the day after Geeks on a Plane, I attended IDEA Global Entrepreneurship Workshop 2014, a three - day workshop series organized by PhilDev, IDEA and USAID (Yes, I dumped my Sunday family day for this and it was all worth it!). In fact, topics 1 - 4 were presented somewhere in March 2014 which I did not know. :( Anyway, they did an awesome recap so I did not feel like I've missed something + copies of the presentation were given. *thumbs up*


The workshop is very effective that they didn't just discuss the A-Z of planning, executing and all the things in between (legal requirements, funding etc.) of making a startup dream come true, but they also organized groupings and gave us, participants, a chance to feel like being co-founders.

So, here's our team during the last day of the workshop, with Eros Resmini.



While consulting our presentation, which was only created using my iPad. 
But eventually was chosen to be presented on stage!


The workshop started with this provocative line by Engr. Dado Banatao, PhilDev chairman: "We would like to see you, Filipino entrepreneurs, after you become successful, to give/pay back to the country." and ended with expressing his ambitions for us that he really want us to succeed in our entrepreneurial endeavors in the future, at least during his lifetime.

I was really touched by his message and treat those words as one of my "push" to continue striving for my entrepreneurial and success vision. Hoping that someday, I'll be the one on stage and inspire others who are in the middle of dreaming, contemplation and making things happen, just like where I am right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment